|Biological Source||Citrullus Lanatus|
|Culinary Use of Watermelon Powder||• Useful in making juices and ice cream.
• Adds a taste of watermelon to smoothies.
• Can be added to yogurt for flavour.
|Health Benefits of Watermelon Powder||• Pale pink watermelon powder, is rich in vitamin C and supports the UV-stressed immune system of the skin and can also be used to prevent photo-aging.
• Protects the skin from everyday toxins and promotes cell renewal.
• Watermelon extract has good solubility in water and alcohol.
• Watermelon contains amino acids such as tryptophan and glutamic acids, which are essential to the body.
• Watermelon powder contains lysine help in calcium absorption to facilitate formation of collagen and connective tisses in the body.
• Watermelon powder arginine improves the body’s metabolism and cardiovascular system.
• Watermelon powder 100 grams of this powder provides 139% of recommended daily requirement of magnesium, which is vital for normal heart functioning, maintenance of regular blood pressure, supporting metabolic processes and protein synthesis.
• Watermelon powder is beneficial in treatment of cardiovascular diseases and hypertension, also for controlling diabetes.
• This powder contains lycopene, which is good for the face.
Tierra Overseas is manufacturer and supplier of high quality watermelon powder in India.
Watermelon is a vine-like (scrambler and trailer) flowering plant. The watermelon is an annual plant with long, weak, trailing or climbing stems which are five-angled and up to 3 m (10 ft) long. The leaves are stemmed and are alternate, large and pinnately-lobed, stiff and rough when old. Watermelon powder is light pink to red in color. It has a fine texture and it is normally used to treat mouth sores and canker sores, as well as nasal congestion.