|Biological Source||Momordica Charantia|
of Bitter Gourd
|• Bitter Gourd powder is mainly use in Chinese cooking and herbal teas.
• Other popular recipes include preparations with curry, deep fried with peanuts or other ground nuts.
• Bitter Gourd powder is a significant ingredient in Okinawan cuisine, and is increasingly used in the rest of Japan.
• It is often very useful in fresh pickle preparation.
of Bitter Gourd
|• Bitter gourd is considered as a great green vegetable having low calorie, loaded with the vitamins like B1, B2, B3, B9, B6, B5, C, E, K, minerals like magnesium, zinc, selenium, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, iron, beta-carotene and good amount of insoluble dietary fibers.
• It helps in preventing from the diabetes mellitus as it contains a hypoglycemic compound means plant insulin which lowers down the blood and urine sugar level.
• It is very good for treating the blood disorders such as blood boil, itching and etc caused due to the toxemia.
• It also helps in treating the cholera if bitter gourd powder juice is taken with white onion juice and lime juice.
• It helps in relieving and treating various respiratory disorders like bronchitis, difficulty in respiration, asthma, pharyngitis and etc if bitter gourd juice is taken with honey (diluted with water) regularly.
• It also cleanses the liver (major body organ) and prevents from the liver disorders including jaundice.
• Applying its fresh juice or leaves juice (lukewarm) to the ear helps in curing ear pain.
Tierra Overseas is manufacturer and supplier of Natural Bitter Gourd Powder in India.
Bitter gourd comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. The cultivar common to China is 20–30 cm (7.9–11.8 in) long, oblong with bluntly tapering ends and pale green in color, with a gently undulating, warty surface. The bitter gourd in more typical of India has a narrower shape with pointed ends, and a surface covered with jagged, triangular “teeth” and ridges. It is green to white in color. Between these two extremes are any number of intermediate forms. Some bear miniature fruit of only 6–10 cm (2.4–3.9 in) in length, which may be served individually as stuffed vegetables.