Know Us Capabilities and knowledge have helped us, Shakti Oils & Fats , to offer quality assured products to our clients. With rich industry experience and expertise, we have acquired reputed position one of the leading manufacturers and suppliers in this competitive domain. With the most experienced team and modern production techniques, we offer a broad spectrum of products such as Cashew Products, Cashew Nut kerne more... less...
Shakti Oils And Fats
Guru Kripa, No.-62/5, Atindra Mukherjee Lane, Shibpur, West Bengal - 711102, India
Deals in Dry Raisins, Cashew Nuts, Cashew Nuts, Masala Papad, Masala Papad, Dry Raisins
21 11 1 Balai Mistry Lane B Garden Howrah - 711103 West Bengal India, West Bengal , India
Deals in Betel Nuts, Tea, Cashew Nuts, Spices, Coffee, Jute Product, Fresh Fruits, betel nuts nuts, Fresh Vegetables, Jute Products, Printed Packaging Box, Leather Products, Cotton Yarn
Maa Tara International(mtin)
16/1 Krishna Taran Naskar Lane Ghusuri Howrah-711107, West Bengal , India
Nutty Nutzz & Company
Bally, Howrah, West Bengal , India
|Rank||Country||Production (Metric Tons)|
|S.No||Country||Cashew Nuts, Yield (Hectogram Per Hectare)|
Maharashtra ranks first in the list of the states that are largest producers of cashew nuts in India. The average production of cashew nuts in this state is approximately 111,334.4 metric tons annually. Maharashtra has always witnessed a positive trend in cashew nut with a gradual increase in production every year except for 1997-98, 2000-01 and 2009-10.
Vietnam tops the list of the largest cashew nut producing countries in the world. Not just that, it is also a major cashew nut exporter. The country has approximately one-third of the global share of cashew nut production. More than 300,000 hectares of Vietnam land is utilized for the production of cashew nuts and has a productivity of 1,000 kilograms per square kilometer. The country has a separate association for cashew nuts called Vietnam Cashew Association, which was formed in the year 1990 and takes care of the development of the Vietnam cashew industry.
The Philippines, a Southeast Asian country, has the highest yield of cashew nuts in the world.
While there are approximately 33 types of cashews produced in the world, not all of them are exported or available for commercial use. The major types of cashew found in the world are:
· W – 180: This type of cashew nut is popularly known as the ‘King of Cashew’ as they have a larger size and are the most expensive ones.
· W – 210: These nuts are also called the ‘Jumbo’ nuts owing to their size.
· W – 240: This is one of the most attractive grades of cashew nuts available at an affordable price.
· W – 320: These are the most widely used cashew nuts that are also most easily available in the world.
· W – 450: These are the cheapest cashew nuts found in the world, which makes them a favorite among the people.
Here are some of the most important things that you must know about cashew nuts.
· The first cashew tree was found in Brazil. Now many countries like Ivory Coast, Vietnam, Nigeria, Indonesia and India not just cultivate this nut but also export it to different parts of the world.
· Contrary to its name, cashews are not nuts but are seeds instead.
· They are produced in a pseudo-fruit called cashew apple from which a kidney-shaped shell protrudes. The nuts are naturally double-wrapped in toxins.
· The cashew apple, which is a reddish pear-shaped fruit, has a sweet taste and its juice makes a great refreshing drink. However, as this fruit cannot be transferred for long distance, its juice is only consumed by the people of Brazil.
· Cashews need to be roasted to remove the toxins. These raw nuts, sans toxins, are then roasted again to enhance their flavor.
· One ounce of cashews carry 150 calories but has the capability to keep the hunger at bay for a longer time as compared to any other food of same calories. They contain healthy fats and proteins to provide a balanced nutrition.
· From the toxic wrapper of the nut, a cashew shell oil is derived which can be used as an alternative to brake fluid in industries.